CIRMS 2020 Annual Meeting - April 20-22, 2020
NEW VENUE THIS YEAR! The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD
CIRMS 2020 Meeting Theme: Building Synergy Among Standards Labs and End Users
Please save the date for the 28th Annual Meeting of the Council on Ionizing Radiation Measurements and Standards (CIRMS) to be held April 20 - 22, 2020 at the Universities at Shady Grove Conference Center in Rockville, MD.
Note the new location, which is still just a short distance away from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Participants will be invited to attend the interactive and stimulating discussions and/or to submit abstracts for poster presentations and possible oral presentation during the working group sessions.
This is the CIRMS’s 28th Annual Meeting and the theme is “Building Synergy Among Standards Labs and End Users". For over a quarter of a century, CIRMS has played an important role in serving as a public forum for discussion of radiation measurements and standards issues for industry, academia and government. The technical program next year will consist of plenary and poster sessions in the mornings followed by three parallel working group sessions held during the afternoons.
The measurement and standards needs in the following topics will be addressed:
- Science and Technology [oversight of the activities of the other subcommittees, coordinating the efforts related to the dissemination of information related to identified national priorities, needs for standards and research, and other information related to ionizing radiation measurements and standards]
- Medical Applications [microdosimetry, image guided radiation therapy, radiation biology, 3D printing, phantoms, nuclear medicine, big data and machine learning]
- Radiation Protection and Homeland Security [advances in detection instrumentation, emergency response, nuclear events, radiochemistry, waste analysis, personnel dosimetry, electronic dosimeters, bioassay and internal dosimetry environmental dosimetry, first responder needs]
- Industrial Applications and Materials Effects [radiation processing, material effects, space applications, food irradiation and sterilization, irradiators, low dose standards, safety at radiation facilities, ASTM standards]
The full program including abstracts will be available online and for download in PDF format at a later date.
Registration for the CIRMS 2020 Annual Meeting is now open!
Registration fee for the 2020 meeting is $210 and includes coffee and lunch on Monday and Tuesday.
The registration closes Friday, April 10th, 2020.
Click the button to register online:
To cancel your meeting registration order, you must notify CIRMS (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing of your request for a refund. The timing of your request is important in determining refund amounts. Refunds will be made upon receipt of written refund request within the following guidelines:
- Registration refund requests received by March 31, 2020:
Refund amount requested less a $25 processing fee.
- Refund request received after March 31, 2020:
Due to the guarantees required for meals and other services, registrants will not receive refund.
- Refund request received following the conclusion of the meeting:
No refunds provided.
Remember, you do not have to be a member to attend CIRMS 2020, but we encourage you to join or renew your Membership/Sponsorship online now!
The Universities at Shady Grove
USG Conference Center
9630 Gudelsky Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
301-738-6059 / 301-738-6050
Conference registration does not include your hotel reservation.
There are a few hotels available in the area, please book your room at the one of them.
The nearest hotel to the conference venue would be the Hilton Garden Inn, Rockville-Gaithersburg (located 1 mile north) at:
Hilton Garden Inn, Rockville-Gaithersburg, MD
14975 Shady Grove Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Here is the list of other hotels available in the area:
Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
1251 W Montgomery Ave, Rockville, MD 20850
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rockville-Gaithersburg
14975 Shady Grove Rd, Rockville, MD 20850
Courtyard by Marriott Rockville
2500 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850
Extended Stay America - Washington D.C - Rockville
2621 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850
2 Research Ct, Rockville, MD 20850
The previous hotel we used for the meetings held at NIST was:
Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg (10 min driving from The Universities at Shady Grove)
620 Perry Pkwy, Gaithersburg, MD 20877